The Teaching and Learning Center at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem was established in 2012 in order to improve and advance teaching and learning methods at the university and to help lecturers tackle the challenges of academic teaching.
At the Center, we develop and apply knowledge-based interventions to improve teaching throughout the university, in addition to developing and implementing advanced teaching technologies. The Center is also responsible for conducting satisfaction surveys about teaching at the university.
The Center’s activities include:
- Developing training programs, training through interventions, and writing training materials about academic teaching.
- Improving the teaching skills of senior lecturers, TAs, and research students, through Workshops as well as meetings and Individual consultations.
- Practical research concerning academic teaching and ways to improve it.
- Developing and implementing teaching technologies via the creation of an organizational structure for computerized teaching based on Moodle.
- Conducting satisfaction surveys about teaching and outstanding lecturers.
- Responsibility for the syllabi of all university courses and the "Diploma Supplement" project which are based on learning outcomes.